Cookery School & Classes
Our cookery school, visible through a large glass window separating the shop and the kitchen will allow our guests sample life in a working kitchen and whether you are a beginner wanting to learn new skills or a confident cook looking for inspiration, our tutors will offer a wide range of full-day, half-day and evening courses for every level.
We are delighted to welcome Chef Kevin O’Toole for a residency of cookery workshops here @ Firecastle
Formerly Chef Patron of the beloved and late lamented Chamelon Restaurant in Temple Bar, Kevin garnered numerous awards during his long tenure. In 2019 he was named Chef of the Year by Mckenna’s guides. In addition to be lauded as best world cuisine in 2013, the Chameleon was listed in the best 100 restaurants in Ireland for 6 consecutive years. He holds an Msc in Culinary Nutrition, is deeply passionate about food education & is currently passing on his expertise to a new generation of apprentice chefs in Crumlin college. These cookery lessons will be fun informative & relaxed. The only homework will be dinner!!
Information on our cookery classes and Covid safety
1. It’s a custom built space, we have overhead extraction built into the ceiling, keeping the air clean.
2. There will be a maximum of 8 per class, each at their own bench, with their own hob, with a 1 metre distance between guests.
3. There are some perspex shields in place where needed.
4. Our chef will be wearing a face shield or a mask, guests will be asked to wear one or the other also, shields will work better for tasting.
5. There will be no kitchen assistant present, only our chef tutor
6. As each guest has their own station, there will be minimum walking around, there will be no sharing of utensils, each station will be fully equipped.
7. Hand sanitizer on every station.
8. All ingredients will be weighed out in advance for each station.
9. At the end of each class guests will be welcome to sit in the cafe area to enjoy some of their creations over a glass of wine, while bringing some food home.
We can host private classes for groups of 6 to 8 people. For further information please contact email@example.com